REPORT FOR 2019
#Citizens’ petitions and formation of “people’s agenda”
• to oblige legally a subject of legislative initiative to send a reasonable response to the conclusions of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation and civic chambers of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation;
• to update timely information on public discussion of bills;
• to oblige the federal executive authority developing a bill to delegate their representatives to attend public hearings at the Civic Chamber.
21 bills passed expertise.
14 of them – in the format of preliminary reading prior to the first reading in the State Duma.
#Regional civic chambers as sites for public-state dialog
Only 44 regional budget laws have a separate line for ensuring the activities of the Civic Chamber.
• 8 chambers – more than 10 mln.
• 10 chambers – from 5 to 10 mln.
• 20 chambers – from 1 to 5 mln.
#Public Monitoring Committees (PMCs)
• material and technical and financial support of PMCs activities;
• lack of legislatively fixed levers of influence on the activities of the already formed PMCs.
• to compensate PMCs expenses from regional budgets;
• to implement obligatory reporting of PMCs before the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation;
• to provide the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation with the right to withdraw members of PMCs.
• to adapt procedures for empowering public inspectors, experts, and watchdogs and specify such procedures in in sector-specific laws;
• to enshrine the right of subjects of public control to apply to the court for protecting rights of uncertain categories of persons;
• to establish responsibility of those impeding the public control;
• to establish requirements for subjects of public control when preparing and conducting public inspections.
#Development of local self-government
• development of territorial self-government (TSGs) structures.
• to create working groups of public activists and experts under regional self-governments and municipalities;
• to conduct public discussions of projects at early stages.
#Challenges of global information society
• foreign mass media structures operating in the Russian market to register legal entities in the Russian Federation.
The main news distributors: Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
#Charity and volunteering
• adopted a Memorandum of Cooperation in order to prevent the risks of fraud fundraising through disseminating social advertising.
• the Concept of promoting the development of volunteering in the Russian Federation until 2025.
#Solving social problems
• to zero personal income tax for citizens who receive less than a living wage;
• to pay families a minimum living wage of a child, which should help to reduce the poverty of families raising children under the age of three, etc.
#Ecology and quality of living environment
The Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation together with the Public Council under the Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia exercised public control over the implementation of the project. This cooperation was aimed at heading off the impact of waste accumulated by the Baikal Pulp and Paper Mill.
#Demography needs breakthrough solutions
#New support measures for multichild families
• to oblige tobacco companies in the Russian Federation to disclose information on the composition of tobacco in their cigarettes.
In Russia 39% of population practices sports regularly.
7 million do fitness.
#Housing and urban environment